The world has changed drastically over the last few years and more and more people have started using android driven tablets. A number of developers from different parts of the world design applications that can be used by customers on their tablets. Hence, there is a requirement for platform to market and sell applications that are easily and readily accessible to a vast majority of users. The biggest factor is that such a platform should be reliable and the applications posted should be of interest to the end customer. This is where Slide Me steps and as it is the ideal place for developers to market their applications to customers spread all over the world.
There was a time when mobiles were used only by a select few but this has changed drastically over the last few years and now days more and more people have started using mobile phones. The popularity of androids has increased by a great deal and this is primarily due to the easy availability of applications that can be installed without any trouble. This organization offers a lot to customers and is one of the few which are fair towards the application developers as well.
Slide Me is one of the very few companies that attempted to pay the maximum possible to application developers. In the beginning Slide Me even offered 95% of the revenue to application developers while the remaining 5% went to the payment processor. The plan was to attract a large number of developers who would post the applications developed by them. This would be further supported by the fact that Slide Me offered global billing support; something that Google did not. The company tried its best not to make money on downloads for a very long time but everything did not work out as planned.
Growth was quick but not quick enough and the result was that this organization had only 3% of the total applications in the android market. Moreover, the fixed costs involved due to the fact the global billing support was being offered made matters worse. Hence, Slide Me finally decided to begin taking 30% of the revenue and giving only 70% to application developers.
However, it can be safely concluded that even 70% of the total amount is a huge amount of money to be offered to developers who do not have to spend anything on advertising. All that an application developer has to do is to post the application o this site and it is visible to millions of customers in different parts of the world. Customers buy the application directly including any taxes like Sales Tax, which is deposited to the concerned authorities by Slide Me. The entire process is simple and straight forward both for the developer and the end customer. Slide Me is an organization with an eye on the future and is hence one of the very few that offer global billing support in spite of the high fixed cost involved.